- Discover Grammar by David Crystal (Longman). Includes exercises.
- Rediscover Grammar by David Crystal (Longman)
- Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English by Douglas Biber and others (Longman). The condensed version of the ‘Longman Grammar of Spoken and Written English’.
- A Student’s Introduction to English Grammar by Rodney Huddleston and Geoffrey Pullum (Cambridge University Press). The condensed version of ‘The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language’
- Grammar and Vocabulary by Howard Jackson (Routledge)
- Cambridge Grammar of English by Ronald Carter and Michael McCarthy (Cambridge University Press). (Primarily, but not exclusively, for foreign learners. Not to be confused with the similar sounding title by Huddleston and Pullum)
- Introducing Functional Grammar, by Geoff Thompson (Hodder)
Access to the following is free: